Ethnic Minority Support Programme in Dungannon & South Tyrone Borough Council and Fermanagh District Council
STEP, Dungannon are delivering an Ethnic Minority Support Programme as part of Peace III in the Fermanagh district to support community groups and organisations trying to engage with the ethnic minorities in the area. They are calling on community groups and organisations who would be interested in delivering small engagement projects before 21 March 2011. Eight groups in the Fermanagh area will receive funding (the Dungannon round has been fulfilled and the closing date has been extended for the Fermanagh area). The projects which will be funded will demonstrate clear aims to develop in inter-ethnic and/or cross-community activities and engage BME members who do not already engage with the group/organisation.
£300 support available for projects that involve engagement of the BME population.
£500 support available for projects that involve engagement of the BME population and both sides of the religious divide.
What can it be used for?
Interpreting, translation, event organisation etc.
• You should be situated in the Fermanagh District Council or Dungannon & South Tyrone Borough Council area.
• Your group should be a community or voluntary group (statutory agencies are not eligible).
• Your group must be willing to provide STEP with the information required on the application form, project pack and to participate in publicity.
• One representative from the group must attend a project celebration seminar on Friday 25 March 2011.
• Completed application forms should be returned by Friday 18 February 2011.
• Successful groups will be notified by Wednesday 23 February 2011.
• All projects and the relevant paperwork must be returned to STEP by Monday 21 March 2011.
For further details please contact STEP on 028 87750211 or email [email protected].