Fermanagh District Council is currently accepting applications for Grant Aid for a Festivals Programme in Enniskillen Town Centre for the 2013/2014 Financial Year.
The types of festivals supported could include:
- Summer Fetes
- Town Centre Fun Runs
- Busking Festivals
- Autumn Festivals
- Christmas Craft Fairs
- Other Festivals
Please note: This list is not exhaustive.
Applications must be received before 14.00 pm on Friday 6 September 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered for grant aid.
For further information please contact:
Economic Development Manager
Fermanagh District Council
T: 028 6632 5050
E: [email protected]
The Council's role in Economic Development is to provide guidance and support to local businesses as well as working in partnership with the main government economic support agencies to promote and improve Fermanagh's economy and indeed the NI economy in general.
The Economic Development section provides the following services:-
- responds to local issues and endeavours to provide local solutions to local problems
- accesses and distributes EU funds
- works in partnership with, and complements the work of, other economic development organisations and agencies
- complements the tourism and community development services
- promotes the District Council area as an attractive inward investment location
The Council has implemented its Local Economic Development Action Plan 2001-2005. This strategy attracted £2,165,236, ie £1,082,618 of EU funds and £1,082,618 of Council funds.
Examples of projects which were funded are:
- Business Start Programme
- Provision of workspace and ancillary support for existing and new enterprises
- Business growth programmes
- Promoting and supporting enterprise development among women and school leavers
- Community tourism initiatives
The Bribery Act 2010
Statement of Commitment
Fermanagh District Council is committed to carrying out business fairly, honestly and openly and has a zero tolerance towards bribery.
Fermanagh District Council expects full compliance with the requirements of the Bribery Act 2010 from Councillors, Employees, Agents, Partners, Suppliers and Groups or Individuals applying for, or in receipt, of grant aid.
Economic Development Department
Fermanagh District Council
2 Townhall Street
Tel: 028 6632 5050
Fax: 028 6634 2878
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively you can use our online enquiry form to contact the Development Department.
Fermanagh District Council has limited funds available for Economic Development projects which may not have been eligible under European funding. These projects would be funded 100% by Council funds.
The Council's current Local Economic Development strategy covering the period 2008-2013 is available above.
NB Application Form
- It may take some time to download the application form
- Read the Eligibility Criteria, found under the related publications above, prior to completing an application form
- Contact the Economic Development department prior to completing an application form