FUSION is an all-island technology transfer scheme funded by InterTradeIreland which aims to promote North/South partnerships between companies and academia to undertake innovative projects central to the strategic development of the companies concerned. FUSION enables organisations to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance by helping them to access expertise and technology from the knowledge base, which includes universities, colleges and institutes of technology.
FUSION projects receive funding of £40,500 over 12 months of which £29,500 is grant-aided by government. FUSION projects to date include:
1. Improving production processes and lean manufacturing initiatives
2. Food technology and product development
3. Waste minimisation programmes
4. Telecommunications and mobile services
5. Software development
6. Management Information Systems and business process engineering
7. Improving product design and engineering capabilities
If you would like more information about FUSION, or wish to arrange a meeting to discuss how the scheme works, please contact Daniel Perry at 028 7188 6778, 078 7266 5641, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the InterTradeIreland website at www.intertradeireland.com/fusion.